BIO 280 Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper about the ecosystems you have chosen and the species that make up these ecosystems– Assignment SolutionWrite a 700- to 1,050-word paper about the ecosystems you have chosen and the species that make up these ecosystems. In your paper, include the following items:
- Describe your pair of ecosystems and the types of current or proposed exploitation in one or both eco-systems. Explain the past, present, and potential future consequences of overexploitation in these ecosystems. Describe the potential costs and benefits of at least two exploitation activities.
- Explain current and potential management of your eco-systems. How can modification, cultivation, or restoration alter these ecosystems? Outline at least two potential management plans beyond cessation of exploitation, and describe the costs and benefits of each.
- Describe a regional or global threat to your ecosystem, such as global climate change and outline a plan to combat this threat.
- Prioritize conservation efforts in your pair of eco-systems based on values and the principles of conservation biology by including the following elements:
- Prioritize species and eco-systems for protection based on the values identified in the Acting Locally Paper – Part One.
- Rank the priorities of continuing or ceasing exploitation activities, of alternative management plans, and of the plan to combat the regional or global threat to biodiversity.
- Defend your prioritization based on specific values and on your plan’s overall effect on biodiversity, ecological integrity, and economic feasibility.
- Identify at least two specific practical actions and at least two specific political actions you can take to support the top priorities you have identified for the pair of eco-systems. Interpret how these specific actions can support conservation and biodiversity.