Anti-PsychoticDirections: Provide short answers of 100-200 words each for the following questions/statements. Do not exceed 200 words for your response. Include at least four scholarly sources beyond the textbook.
- Discuss the similarities and differences of the three generations of anti-psychotic medications.
- How do the current anti-psychotics work on the brain? What are the contraindications of any of the commonly prescribed anti-psychotics?
- What are three of the most commonly diagnosed psychological disorders that are commonly treated with medications? Would other forms of treatment besides medication be more appropriate? Why or why not?
- Based on diagnostic criteria for Major Depressive Disorder in the current DSM, identify and discuss three – five of said criteria, and what you would document in the client’s file. Include any referrals or consultation related to medication management that are needed and why.
- Describe three medications that are used to treat substance use disorders.
- Discuss the brain reward pathway and what counselors should know about said pathway when treating substance use disorders.