Compare and contrast the teachings of Jesus and Buddha
- Compare and contrast the teachings of Jesus and Buddha. What are some main differences between Buddhism and Christianity, Judaism, and Islam?
- How might Jesus have responded to the following line from the Buddha’s sermons: “… he in whom self has become extinct … will desire neither worldly nor heavenly pleasures”? How might the Buddha have responded to the following line from the Sermon on the Mount: “You must … be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect”?
- How would Augustine of Hippo respond to Buddhism’s Four Noble Truths? How would a Roman stoic respond to the Truths?
- What aspects of your religious upbringing and education have been clarified (or challenged) by this chapter? If you had no religious upbringing, discuss the part of the chapter that interested you most and explain why.
• All assignments must be typed using 10 -12 point fonts and 1″ margins, double- spaced, and follow standard conventions of grammar and syntax. Please use Spell Check before turning in your papers.
• Please be sure to label your assignments properly. Include your name, lesson name, and title of Compare and Contrast the Teachings of Jesus and Buddha assignment. If it is an extra credit assignment, make sure to put the title of the EC assignment and the possible point value.
• If you used internet websites for research, you MUST cite your sources.
• After submitting your paper to the Turnitin dropbox inside of Blackboard, please read the Originality Report and make any necessary changes then re-submit your paper. All papers must be under 5%, excluding quotes. Also, remember I can only open files with the extensions: .doc, .rtf, .txt, .pdf. I will not grade any assignment that is not saved as one of these file types. I cannot open Files created using Microsoft Works (.wps files).
Files sent to me saved in this format, will receive no grade.