MKT B362 Create an 8–10-page infrastructure design document to include key technical elements for your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure – Assignment Solution
Week 6 Assignment – Infrastructure Design
OverviewThis is the third in a series of five sequential assignments (the course project) in which you continue to act as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of a hypothetical e-commerce start-up company of your design which is a company for educational information, training and tutoring. You have been working on delivering an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility.
- In the first course project deliverable, you created a project plan inception document and supporting Gantt chart.
- In the second course project deliverable, you developed the business requirements to be incorporated into the information systems design you are creating. You also updated your original supporting Gantt chart based on major and minor tasks identified in the business requirements document.
Part 1: Infrastructure DesignYou will create an 8–10-page infrastructure design document to include key technical elements for your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
Part 2: Updated Gantt ChartYou will use Microsoft Project to again update the supporting project Gantt chart begun in your first course project deliverable:
- You are not creating a new Gantt chart, only updating the one you created in the previous assignment with the major and minor tasks uncovered while creating the infrastructure design document.
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
Part 1: Infrastructure DesignCreate an 8–10-page infrastructure design document in which you:
- Identify the major hardware and software components of your hypothetical e-commerce company’s information systems infrastructure.
- Design your e-commerce company’s hardware (database and proxy servers, network equipment) and software (analytics, big data, API, content management) from a size, scale, type, and interoperability standards perspective.
- Document the potential security vulnerabilities and a security design for your e-commerce company.
- Use graphical tools to create a data flow diagram (DFD) for your e-commerce company.
- Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.
- Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.