ECS 555 Wellness fair event plan – Assignment Solution
- Agenda: Outline the timing for each activity during the event in a simple agenda format.
- Welcome: Briefly describe how you will introduce the event to all participants.
- Opening Activity: Plan an opening activity for the families and children that will explain the purpose of the wellness fair event plan with the community and promote shared values and expectations in creating a healthy, respectful, and challenging learning environment.
- Community Resource Booths: Outline four community resource booths that will provide information on health, safety, nutrition, and fitness (one booth per topic). Include a community resource you will invite to represent the topic, 3-4 interesting and important statistics relating to the booth’s topic and young children, and a 50-100 word description of why that topic is important to the development of young children. Briefly describe how each booth will address the needs of children in the class both with and without exceptionalities, based on the “Class Profile.”
- Closing Activity: Plan a closing activity for the families and children that employs strategies and opportunities to ensure future collaboration with families while pursuing the well-being of students in the areas of health, nutrition, safety, and fitness.
- Rationale: Write a 250-500 word rationale explaining how the Wellness fair event plan supports collaboration between faculty, students, families, and the larger community. In addition, discuss why this collaboration is vital to promoting children’s development and learning, including children with exceptionalities.
- Support your plan with 2-3 scholarly resources.