Functions of management â€“ Assignment SolutionThe functions of management are essentially the same everywhere, but the functions are often performed differently in different countries as a result of culture. In this assignment you will develop a PowerPoint presentation that explores how the nine Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness (GLOBE) cultural dimensions can affect many aspects of management functions or responsibilitiesâ€”planning, communication, decision-making, risk management, ethics, social responsibility, human resource managementâ€”in an international business environment. Your PowerPoint presentation must accomplish the following:
- Address all nine GLOBE cultural dimensions.
- For Â each dimension, you must correlate at least one management aspect that can be impacted by it. You must correlate each of the seven aspects listed above, and then use two additional aspects of your choice. You may choose any management aspect that applies to international business; however, you may only use each aspect once. Each dimension should be correlated to a distinct aspect.
- For each aspect/dimension correlation, offer a real-world example to illustrate the impact. Explain how the cultural dimension applies in each of your examples. Examples may also only be used once, resulting in each correlation having a unique example.
- Use the Speaker Notes feature in PowerPoint for each content slide to elaborate on the slide content. Each slide must have at least 50 words of Speaker Notes.
- Use at least two sources to support your presentation, one of which may be your textbook.
- Be creative in choosing your examples. You are encouraged to present examples from a wide variety of cultures or regions. For instance, try not to limit your examples to all Latin American countries or cultures. Choose examples that demonstrate your understanding of how the dimensions are applied globally.