Policy Identification and Analysis
You have been tasked to present at a town hall meeting in your local town or city to present the details about a new local policy that is being proposed. The presentation will need to define the problem, proposed solutions, risks, challenges, and funding opportunities/challenges. Topics may include local government changes to communities (for example, transportation, commercial enterprise effects on nearby townships, affordable housing construction, environmental effects of new/old business operations, addressing homelessness support, and others).
Using the Policy Identification and Analysis Assignment Template , develop an 8–10 slide presentation in which you:
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Analyze and define the problem to include possible political conflicts.
- Identify risks and challenges.
- Identify and construct policy alternatives and solutions.
- Identify stakeholders and key roles.
- Identify funding opportunities, challenges, and budget cost factors, to include saving measures.
- Select supportive and evaluative criteria.
- Identify incentives, subsidies, and potential benefits.
- Draw conclusions in a thorough summary, including lessons learned.
- Use the Internet or Strayer databases at the Strayer Library to locate at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Use the Policy Identification and Analysis Assignment Template [PPTX].
The course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Analyze claims and policies to discover vulnerabilities and propose solutions.
PAD 520 (Strayer University) Policy Identification and Analysis Homework Solution