TC 359 Leadership and Management Characteristics – [Solved Assignment]
Top of Form
You need to be aware of the intertwining nature of management and leadership as you look for a management position. Traditionally, leadership is viewed as a subset of management. Management without leadership lacks inspiration to drive change. Employers generally include management skills and leadership expectations within job applications and descriptions. After this week you should be able to discern the difference between management skills versus management traits.
Open your web browser and go to your preferred job search engine to search for a management position within health care. You can also search in your local newspaper or job board. Also, you can use the following keywords when completing your search:
Management positions in health care
Health care administrator positions
Health care management
Write a 500-800-word summary that addresses the following:
· Explain what characteristics are found in a leader.
· What are the traits of an effective leader?
· How do these traits support you in becoming an effective leader in a management position?
· Then using the selected job description: (make sure you reference the job description you have selected)
· Identify at least 3 keywords found within the job posting that represent a management characteristics skill or characteristic.
· Explain why each keyword identified is a management characteristics or skill
· Identify at least 3 keywords found within the job posting that represent a leadership skill or characteristic.
· Explain why each keyword identified is a leadership skill or characteristic versus a management characteristics (you must display a distinction between the two).
Format your paper according to APA guidelines
Cite at least 3 sources (1 should be the job description, the textbook can be another)